Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Melvin

Melvins First Case

My name is Melvin, I am two years,five months and sixteen days old. I am a robot. In my spare time I detect, play chess with the birds, read Alvins letters and eat cheese. Although it seems as if I have a very splendid life, I don’t. My life is nothing without Alvin.

Alvin was my creator, he created me from scraps of metal, from the rubbish tip across from his house. He worked on me every Saturday in his Dad's garage and as soon as I was up and running, we were best friends. Alvin wasn’t just a friend to me, he was family. We would go to the arcade and play the shooting hoops game, eat mouth watering  sundaes on the pier and make lemonade to sell outside his house.  We were inseparable.

Alvin never took me to school and I never knew why, apparently it is a torture chamber for slaves who need to learn algebra. Alvin often told me about his plans that he had for when he leaves school, he wanted to work for apple and make me a bunch of robot friends. Alvin always thought of others and gave to others, for my first birthday he got me a chess set, even though he spent his whole allowance on it.

Alvin didn’t really have any other friends, he said that everybody else didn’t really get him and he was often considered “weird”. I mean, people gave him weird looks in the supermarket, but that was only because I was with him, and then it hit me. I made him weird.

I felt instantly guilty, Alvin was missing and according to his parents, he might have run away.Tears leaked out of the corner of my eye’s and rolled down my cheeks.  I suddenly snapped back into concentration, Alvin needed to be found.

I searched through my memories, in hope of any hints but all I could think of was the arcade. It was unlikely but I had to check.  

I grabbed my jacket and flung open the door, it was late but if I was quick, I could make it. My feet thumped on the pavement as I raced down the street. My heart raced as the lights of the arcade glowed in the darkness. My smile widened when I saw it was open.

I stepped inside and breathed in the smell of expired chocolate. I glanced around the brightly decorated arcade and headed straight for the shooting hoops game. My breathing quickened when I saw a pink sticky note on the machine.

"It read, Dear Melvin, I am so sorry if have worried you but I was in grave danger and did not have any time to alert you at three in the morning. I will give you only one hint, (because I know you are good at detecting, so you will find this easy), Het eluge urorato. Come find me, Alvin."

 A rock sank deep into my stomach, I was never going to find him but I couldn’t give up,this was just the beginning.




No comments:

Post a Comment